Whether you wish to contribute data, insights or health care expertise, there are many ways to engage with OptumLabs to develop and advance your strategic research, innovation and translation agenda:
- Constellation sponsors collaborate with other partners to work on a set of interrelated research, translation and innovation projects designed around a specific theme that represents a major health care issue or disease such as cancer prevention, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and dementia, heart disease and more.
- Strategic thought leaders contribute scientific and subject-matter expertise to guide the activities of OptumLabs — ranging from input on the strategic research direction as a member of our Scientific Advisory Board or Innovation Council to the review of research applications as a member of the Research Review Committee.
- Research partners conduct pre-competitive research with OptumLabs data, and/or participate in translation opportunities in collaboration with other thought-leading partners.
- Innovation partners develop methods to accelerate advancements in patient care in a pre-commercial setting with other innovation champions in the OptumLabs collaborative.
- Strategic data contributors provide data to help partners tackle big problems in health care. (All data are de-identified prior to use at OptumLabs.)
“OptumLabs will allow us to answer questions that we’ve never been able to ask before.”
— Debra Whitman, PhD, chief public policy officer, Policy, Strategy and International Affairs, AARP